Def Con 919 Presents – November Meeting – Capture The Flag
ALL levels of experience, skill, and interest are welcome and encouraged to join us. You do not have to be a “hacker” to attend. This is the best meeting to get started!
You’ve heard about Capture The Flag (CTF) at conferences and online, but have no idea where to begin?
Join us and learn how to start capturing flags and improving skills you’ll use in any security job! This session goes beyond our monthly meeting against a single vulnerable system. StormCTF is bringing us their full CTF environment that has been featured at local area meetings and conferences. This session will be complete with scoring and winners.
To get the most out of this session:
- Bring a laptop with hacking and investigating tools installed, such as Kali, REMux, Slingshot, or your favorite distribution. VMs are fine.
- If you’ve never done an on-site CTF, check out this guide by Strupo from Welcome Thrillhouse Group: https://blog.welcomethrill.house/2019/06/a-primer-for-on-site-ctfs.html
- Reach out to us through Meetup, Twitter, or Slack for help before the meeting if you have any questions or need help getting your laptop setup.
- Share the experience, invite friends and coworkers!
Sunday, November 10, 12 PM
• 12:00 PM Intro and Announcements
• 12:15 PM Capture The Flag
• 06:00 PM Open Discussion at Raleigh Times Bar
Pendo on 4th Floor of the Wells Fargo Building